.Built in 1876 by J.& G. Thomson of Glasgow and sister ship to the Loch Long, after two trips to Australia and back she sailed from Lyttleton (the port of Christchurch, New Zealand) on 4th May 1883 with 15201 bags of wheat, bound for the English Channel and further orders. She did not arrive and it was never established what became of her. The master was Captain T. H. Martin, and on board were his wife and 3 children, and 37 crew.

 

 

home | © Derrybeg Productions 2007